Perhaps one of the most talked about and controversial rollercoasters in Orlando, Dragon Challenge will take to the rails for the very last time this year.
On Tuesday Sept 5th, the repurposed and re-themed double track thrill ride will make way for an entirely new attraction in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Hogsmeade.
From 1999 through 2010, the original version was known as Duelling Dragons, before making way to the loosely themed Potter version and a rename in 2010.
Originally, two coasters set off together and an intense ride culminated in a ‘near meet up’ as the two tracks looped together.
Following an incident with foreign objects leaving one train, in October 2011, the attraction was later modified to avoid the possibility of a repeat incident.
Safety is everything in the theme park world!
A Whole New Ride – More Immersion Than Any Other!
Few details were announced today, but here’s what we know for sure!
- Brand new major attraction opens 2019!
- Replaces The Dragon Challenge over in Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Highly immersive Harry Potter theme
- For all of the family
- Characters and creatures will feature throughout
- High levels of collaboration with the Warner Brothers Movie team.
- Expected to be a very innovative new concept in ride experience
Our hopes as theme park / Harry Potter fans!
- Please, please please let it be Ron Weasley’s Ford Anglia!
- That’s all we have for now! Read the official Universal blog