Top Tips for a Smooth Passage Through Orlando Immigration
If however, you get a little irritable, there’s a very real risk of joining your plane for a very quick return home!
While excited, tired and perhaps irritable travellers pass through airport security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officers have a very tough job.
Entry is purely at the discretion of the immigration officers at the border control point.
- Get through sooner if your seat is near the front of the aircraft!
- Ensure all documentation is valid and ready for inspection
- Never drink excessively, before or during your flight
- Be polite and helpful to all staff during the immigration process
- Do not make any ‘jokes’ about drugs/bombs etc you WILL be arrested!
- Ensure that you are not bringing fruit/vegetables/dairy or other prohibited products
- Ensure that weapons are not in your baggage
- Be patient, there’s no alternative. The line is long, but it does move steadily.
- Ensure kids behave well, tired passengers arguing will cause delays if staff intervene.
- Finally, never ever argue with staff or try to give them a piece of your mind!
You may simply be sent to the back of the line to cool off, or worse still, refused entry!
- Ensure that you are not carrying any prohibited or restricted items.
- If you have young kids with you, it pays for one adult to leave the line and make a restroom stop well before you reach the front.
- Take a few small treats and bottled water to help the wait. Don’t drink too much or nature may call just as you need it least!
That is no error on our part.
One fact always remains; this isn’t an easy job and the staff are determined to ensure that the Orlando airports are safe borders for the benefit of US citizens and legitimate visitors alike.