Rock Your Disney Side Offers 24 hours at the Magic Kingdom!
On May 23rd through 24th May 2014, you can really burn the candle from both ends at Walt Disney World and Disneyland California!
For the Magic Kingdom event, you can show up on May 23rd at the magically unusual hour of 6:00am and not need to worry about leaving until the same time next day!
During the ‘unusual’ hours over the 24 hour period, most, but not all attractions will be in operation, and Disney will also be presenting lots of fun activities throughout the 24 hour period.
Disney are inviting guests to put on their favorite family friendly fancy dress costumes for the special event that’s been named “Rock Your Disney Side”
To enter, guests need a regular valid park admission ticket.
Walt Disney Word’s Press Release mentions:
In Florida, a cast of Disney Villains will have a special place in the Magic Kingdom 24-hour celebration, including Maleficent, Cruella De Vil and such rarely spotted miscreants as the Big Bad Wolf, Stromboli from “Pinocchio,” and Bowler Hat Guy from “Meet the Robinsons.” They will appear in locations throughout the park and also join in the “It’s Good to Be Bad” cavalcade preceding Disney’s Main Street Electrical Parade.
Guests at the Magic Kingdom will enjoy nighttime dancing around Cinderella Castle and in Frontierland. The “#IncrediblesSuperDanceParty,” a nightly feature throughout the summer, will be followed during the All-Nighter by special screenings of “The Incredibles” at the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland.
- May 23rd 6:00am – Heroes and Villains welcome party
- May 23rd 10:00am – Move it Shake it Street Party includes Disney Heroes
- May 23rd 12:00 – Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade
- May 23rd 1:30pm – Move it Shake it Street Party includes Disney Villains
- May 23rd 3:30pm – Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade
- May 23rd 04:30pm – Incredibles Super Dance Party closes 10pm
- May 23rd 5:45pm – Move it Shake it Street Party includes (vote winner!)
- May 23rd 08:45pm – Celebrate the Magic
- May 23rd 09:00pm – Wishes Fireworks
- May 23rd 09:45pm – Celebrate the Magic
- May 23rd 11:00pm – Main Street Electrical Parade opened by Disney Villains
- May 23rd 11:00pm – Meet Maleficent as half of Princess Fairytale Hall will become Scary tale Hall
- May 23rd 11:45pm – Celebrate the Magic
- May 24th 01:00am – Main Street Electrical Parade opened by Disney Villains
- May 24th 01:45am – The villains take over the character greet spots!
- May 24th 02:00am – “Up All Night” Dance Party at Cinderella Castle and the Frontierland Dance Party until 05:45am
- May 24th 05:50am – Kiss Goodnight at the Railroad station in Town Square
Disney incentive to car pool will reward vehicles with more than 4 occupants!
As the parking lots look set to become overloaded very quickly, Disney are hoping not to repeat the problems experienced at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for last year’s Friday 13th Unleash the Villains event in September!
Here’s a quick summary of what’s on offer for those that take a load of friends too!
- All guests and Annual Passholders without pre-paid parking will receive a discounted parking rate of $8 (for a standard vehicle) when arriving with four or more passengers.
- Annual Passholders with pre-paid parking will receive one voucher for one free popcorn scoop and one bottled beverage, redeemable at any Disneyland or Disney California Adventure park outdoor vending cart. At least one passenger in the vehicle must be a valid Annual Passholder with pre-paid parking privileges.
- All Annual Passholders and their passengers can also receive a special Toy Story commuter button. At least one passenger in the vehicle must be a valid Annual Passholder. And don’t be late – button quantity is limited and will be given while supplies last!