If things can go wrong in your house at home, they can go wrong in your Orlando home!
Nobody likes to mention the obvious, but occasionally, something goes wrong with every house in the world.
When you are hundreds or even thousands of miles away, there’s no need to feel helpless!
A reliable and trustworthy property manager will take care of everything, from the smallest paint mark to repairing a burst water pipe or leaky roof!
Best of all, they have a skilled team at the ready.
They will get your home back into shape, at minimal cost, for you and your crucial paying guests.
Your vacation home is an important ‘micro-business’ and your property manager has a vested interest in keeping it, you and your guests happy!
Wear & Tear or Damage By Guests?
Most of us keep our kids under control and our homes nice and clean, most of the time!
On vacation, the excitement, the distractions and of course the hot weather can cause a little more wear and tear than normal.
Heavier wear and tear is really understandable and it’s always best to relax, take a deep breath and take one for the team!
Overall, the actual damage is minimal, inexpensive and readily taken care of before your next guests arrive!
Don’t get too hung up about it, just smile and think that the guest has more than paid for the bills, repairs and upkeep for their stay.
Florida’s Weather Can Be Tough!
The Sunshine State is gorgeous!
No wonder we want to be there all year round.
Wind, rain and not to mention bright sunshine, can all punish any home.
Just be prepared for a few repairs, replacements or repaints every now and then!
Good Insurance Cover!
Ask your insurer for income protection insurance.
It basically covers you for loss of income in the event of any damage to the home.
Your property manager can advise you on this king of low cost, high benefit insurance.
Budget a check up visit every year or two!
Head to Florida you say? Yes we say!
If you need to visit Orlando for a check up or repair visit, the cost may be tax deductible. Check with your accountant though!
Anticipate Reasonable Replacement and Repair Costs for Furnishings!
Plan to replace different types of furnishing, decor and accents at regular intervals.
A table may last for years, but sofas will look tired after 4 years of heavy use.
Professional steam cleaning can work wonders on fabrics, but even so, you do eventually need to replace!
Set aside a budget for upgrading your home. TVs get dated fast, and fabrics get tired easily.
From personal experience, we’d recommend reserving about one month’s rental income per year, and placing it into a ‘reserve account’.
If the home looks great and needs fewer repairs than expected, you can enjoy using the funds for yourselves of course!
Orlando Home Buyer Guide Articles – Click the titles to read more
- Decide what the home will really be used for! It pays to be open minded!
- Top 10 Considerations for an Orlando Vacation Home!
- Choosing the right floor plan and features!
- Homes Close to Disney, an insider’s views about location!
- Finding the right community for you, your family, your guests.
- Renting your home, an emotional but wise decision! Free vacations forever!
- Don’t buy a home unless these features are included!
- Furnishing and decor, are the key to lots of bookings!
- Should you pay cash or get a mortgage?
- Mortgage advice for US Residents and Overseas owners
- Choosing a good property manager to take care of your home
- What could possibly go wrong – Being prepared makes a difference!
- Things to Worry About When Buying an Orlando Home!
- Dealing with the taxes and other boring but essential stuff!
- Buy an Existing Home or Build a New Home Exactly to Your Needs?
- Getting A Visa Or Green Card to Live in Orlando!
- Florida Home Buying FAQ
- Top 10 Home Buying Web Guide Articles