One of the hidden consequences of owning a secondary home in Florida, is that at some point, you might want to make it your permanent residence.
If you are a USA Citizen or Resident, that’s no problem at all.
For Foreign Nationals, it’s a much bigger challenge.
With the right approach, and an experienced and competent immigration attorney, it might still be possible to live in the USA.
There are three main ways to reside in the USA, and all three provide a very different degree of permanence.
The application procedures vary vastly too!
The Three Main Statuses for Living Legally in the USA
- On a Valid Entry Visa
- Green Card
Before You Dream of Living in Orlando – Check this List!
Before you set out on a huge adventure, we strongly urge you to consider the following questions.
Try and avoid thinking of the ‘dreamy’ stuff, but try to focus on the real life challenges that you face back home.
Living on sunshine is fun, but in itself, it’s not enough to keep everyone fed, sheltered and in work!
- Do you really NEED to live in Florida?
- Do you have a substantial sum for legal expenses ($50k upwards for a family of 4)
- Can you sustain your family in business/employment in Central Florida?
- Does your whole family want to come?
- What and who will you leave behind?
- Can you sell your current home?
- Are the currency markets in your favor?
- Have you been in Florida other than on vacation?
- Are your kids organized, hard working stars at school?
The Main Visa Types For Families (Not a complete list)
Visas are essentially temporary documents that offer entry across USA borders.
The emphasis, is that they are indeed temporary.
Before they expire, renewals must be processed as needed.
There’s no guarantee that a renewal will be made, and there’s no guarantee that a particular type of visa will always be around.
- Business Visas – Enable you to set up a new business here in Orlando
- Inter-company Transfer – Your current employer sends you to work in the USA
- Employment Visa – For specific skills not readily available
- Student Visas – allow temporary entry for education
Green Card – Permanent Residence Status
A Green Card is the only viable long term solution for permanent residency.
It allows unhindered passage to and from the USA on a permanent basis.
It does not need renewal.
A green card is provided as a privilege, not a right and under certain extreme circumstances, it can be revoked.
Not all Visa programs are eligible for a ‘change of status’ to a Green Card.
Business Visa holders are for example, not eligible.
The USA Citizenship Process
A change of status from Permanent Residency (Green Card) to Citizenship, can potentially be processed by green card holders.
Orlando Home Buyer Guide Articles – Click the titles to read more
- Decide what the home will really be used for! It pays to be open minded!
- Top 10 Considerations for an Orlando Vacation Home!
- Choosing the right floor plan and features!
- Homes Close to Disney, an insider’s views about location!
- Finding the right community for you, your family, your guests.
- Renting your home, an emotional but wise decision! Free vacations forever!
- Don’t buy a home unless these features are included!
- Furnishing and decor, are the key to lots of bookings!
- Should you pay cash or get a mortgage?
- Mortgage advice for US Residents and Overseas owners
- Choosing a good property manager to take care of your home
- What could possibly go wrong – Being prepared makes a difference!
- Things to Worry About When Buying an Orlando Home!
- Dealing with the taxes and other boring but essential stuff!
- Buy an Existing Home or Build a New Home Exactly to Your Needs?
- Getting A Visa Or Green Card to Live in Orlando!
Some Important Resources For USA Visa Applicants
- Official USA Visa Service Website – Employment Visas
- Official USA Visa Service Website – Visa Selection Wizard (Recommended!!)
- Official USA Visa Service Website – Visitor Visa
- Official USA Visa Service Website – Business Visa
- Official ESTA Application Page – ESTA Official Website
- Official EB5 Investment Visa Page – The Red Carpet to a Green Card!
- Official Citizenship Web Page – Citizenship for Green Card Holders
Contact Our Realty Team Now and Let us Find You Your Dream Home!
407 973 1456
7345 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819
Reunion Resort Homes For Sale
If you are looking for a high level of financial return and an outstanding vacation experience for you and your guests, check out the Reunion Resort Homes for Sale.
There’s simply nowhere like Reunion Resort for a luxury vacation rental.
If you are searching for vacation rental homes to book, then visit our Reunion Resort Rentals Booking site here!