There’s no getting away from it.
If you want bookings?
Then furnishing, design and accents are the absolute champions of great occupancy!
Keep things simple, clean, and interesting!
You can do the decor yourselves and often claim the expense back to offset taxes if you don’t mind the smell of fresh paint and a dash round Home Depot instead of the Magic Kingdom!
If that sounds unappealing, or unusual, a great property manager can take care of the task for you at a reasonable cost.
Whatever you decide, get it somewhere near right and your bookings will soar!
What To Avoid Furnishing Your Home With?
Orange or yellow pine furniture is a kiss of death for bookings.
So too that old scrolling, intricate hardwood style dining and bedroom furniture.
If it has too many curves and fiddly bits, ask yourself if any modern boutique luxury hotel has stuff like that any more!
The cost? If you choose carefully, you can buy wisely.
Plan ahead to ensure that furniture arrives before your first precious guest does!
Avoid flat pack at all costs.
It simply can’t withstand life in a vacation rental home.
Burst fiberboard drawer bottoms are inevitable.
Good furniture is not cheap, and you need to factor a good budget to cover all you need to make the home rental ready.
For TVs, accents, drapes, furnishings and just about anything else, you could furnish the home to an incredibly high level.
As a very rough guide, think of how many bedrooms a home has and multiply by $8k.
That should cover all bedrooms, living areas, dining room and exterior furniture.
It is a rough figure, but it won’t be far off.
For ideas, check the homes that rent well in your chosen community and take a good luck at the homes that look great, book well and have the most booked days over the coming 6 months!
Don’t try to replicate the rooms exactly, just get a basic idea and work with your realtor or property manager to make it all happen!
Orlando Home Buyer Guide Articles – Click the titles to read more
- Decide what the home will really be used for! It pays to be open minded!
- Top 10 Considerations for an Orlando Vacation Home!
- Choosing the right floor plan and features!
- Homes Close to Disney, an insider’s views about location!
- Finding the right community for you, your family, your guests.
- Renting your home, an emotional but wise decision! Free vacations forever!
- Don’t buy a home unless these features are included!
- Furnishing and decor, are the key to lots of bookings!
- Should you pay cash or get a mortgage?
- Mortgage advice for US Residents and Overseas owners
- Choosing a good property manager to take care of your home
- What could possibly go wrong – Being prepared makes a difference!
- Things to Worry About When Buying an Orlando Home!
- Dealing with the taxes and other boring but essential stuff!
- Buy an Existing Home or Build a New Home Exactly to Your Needs?
- Getting A Visa Or Green Card to Live in Orlando!
- Florida Home Buying FAQ
- Top 10 Home Buying Web Guide Articles
Contact Our Realty Team Now and Let us Find You Your Dream Home!
407 973 1456
7345 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819
Reunion Resort Homes For Sale
If you are looking for a high level of financial return and an outstanding vacation experience for you and your guests, check out the Reunion Resort Homes for Sale.
There’s simply nowhere like Reunion Resort for a luxury vacation rental.
If you are searching for vacation rental homes to book, then visit our Reunion Resort Rentals Booking site here!