Whether your home is for your own family’s use or an important investment home, it has to be near perfect for those all important vacation times!
Being average simply does not ‘cut it’ in the competitive vacation rental market.
But a well equipped home with fresh, modern decor, accents and furnishing is going to serve you well for many, many years!
Essential Features for ALL Homes
- Bright, modern decor with warm neutral tones!
Stylish colors are great of course, if you can afford to revise every 2 or 3 years!
Stay safe with that modern, cosy ambiance.
- Immaculately maintained.
Retouch any marked walls and woodwork, clean carpets, tiles and grout.
- Good high speed WiFi and cable TV.
Check the area’s Internet quality if you want guests to enjoy SMART TVs etc.
- Well maintained and reliable AC systems. (2 zones is helpful)
AC Failures are some of the most frequent guest complaints!
Make sure the systems are in good shape before you buy and are serviced well monthly.
- Good, reliable kitchen appliances, preferably with cold water/ice dispenser.
- Clean furniture. No stains.
- Ceiling fans in bedrooms that are free from wobbles and noises.
- Bathrooms without stains and discoloration! (Say no more!)
- A Pool that is big enough to let kids play safely in.
- People love hot tubs!
- A pool safety fence and an audible pool alarm.
It’s a legal requirement to have one or another, but both offer added safety for families with very young or adventurous kids.
Audible alarms help prevent people from overloading your AC system with open doors!
- Comfortable, clean sun beds and patio dining furniture to match the available space or reasonable number of guests.
- Some sort of games area (with AC).
There’s a significant advantage in getting great occupancy.
- A Gas BBQ, either built in with natural gas, or free standing with propane.
Ensure that it is always kept clean!
- Adequate silverware, dinnerware, cookware and utensils!
Essential Features For Larger, High Spec Homes!
- Multiple gathering areas for guests to socialize and relax in different groups (kids and adults etc)
- Duplicate kitchen appliances to cope with higher guest counts.
- Professional home theaters for Netflix, gaming etc
- High spec games rooms attract higher rental rates and more bookings
- Themed kids’ rooms are a big winner for rentals
- Summer kitchens with outdoor BBQs, sink, granite bar and refrigerator.
- Hi spec pool areas with sun shelves, pool side bars etc
Final Guidance on What to Add to your Essential Features List!
Some of our suggested features are extravagant, others might not fit into your budget, or the home space.
Our point is, that the listed features are important attractors for guests searching for homes to book.
If they find a home that offers more, and is maybe a fraction more expensive, that home will book before yours.
People ask less about price, when the home is perfect and is short on competition.
Command the rental market by giving your guests the best possible experience, and keep working on ideas to improve the home month by month.
Cover that, and you will have a very profitable ownership experience!
Orlando Home Buyer Guide Articles – Click the titles to read more
- Decide what the home will really be used for! It pays to be open minded!
- Top 10 Considerations for an Orlando Vacation Home!
- Choosing the right floor plan and features!
- Homes Close to Disney, an insider’s views about location!
- Finding the right community for you, your family, your guests.
- Renting your home, an emotional but wise decision! Free vacations forever!
- Don’t buy a home unless these features are included!
- Furnishing and decor, are the key to lots of bookings!
- Should you pay cash or get a mortgage?
- Mortgage advice for US Residents and Overseas owners
- Choosing a good property manager to take care of your home
- What could possibly go wrong – Being prepared makes a difference!
- Things to Worry About When Buying an Orlando Home!
- Dealing with the taxes and other boring but essential stuff!
- Buy an Existing Home or Build a New Home Exactly to Your Needs?
- Getting A Visa Or Green Card to Live in Orlando!
- Florida Home Buying FAQ
- Top 10 Home Buying Web Guide Articles
Contact Our Realty Team Now and Let us Find You Your Dream Home!
407 973 1456
7345 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819
Reunion Resort Homes For Sale
If you are looking for a high level of financial return and an outstanding vacation experience for you and your guests, check out the Reunion Resort Homes for Sale.
There’s simply nowhere like Reunion Resort for a luxury vacation rental.
If you are searching for vacation rental homes to book, then visit our Reunion Resort Rentals Booking site here!