Disney Springs Celebrate Christmas in July – First Event
Disney are celebrating their first Christmas in July event at Disney Springs? WHAT!!! Christmas in July? Yes, you read that correct!
What Is Christmas In July
Christmas in July is a celebration in which people throw parties and generally celebrate Christmas time in the summer months. It is thought to originate from Europe, but this isn’t confirmed. What we do know is that it started in the 1980’s so it is a relatively new celebration!
Christmas in July, however, does not replace the real Christmas in December in any part of the world!
When will Disney Celebrate
July 15th through 30th
What Can You Expect
Did you ever want to meet Santa in Summer? Well now you can and Disney promises he is a lot more lightly dressed and with more energy than at Christmas time. Which isn’t really surprising considering his work load the poor guy has in the winter months. This is a great opportunity for guests to get a great picture of Santa in his beach wear!
Meet summer Santa in the Disney Days of 1:00 – 10:00 p.m. daily
Guests can pick up some Christmas traditional sweet treats which aren’t usually available at this time of year. Treats include:
- Seasonal Caramel Apples – Candy Cauldron
- Santa Crispy Treats – Candy Cauldron
- Peppermint Bark – Goofy’s Candy Company and Candy Cauldron
- Chocolate Enrobed Stollen Bread – The Ganachery
- Seasonal Macaroons – Amorette’s Patissere
- Gingerbread – Amorette’s Patissere
- Gingerbread Crepe – Aristocrepes
- Peppermint Mocha – Starbucks
- Snowflake Margarita – Dockside Margaritas (my favorite Christmas treat)
We love the fact that guests who aren’t visiting over the festive season get to purchase these treats to take home and enjoy at Christmas. Or better still an opportunity to purchase a unique gift.
Extra Magic Festivities
- The Art of Disney will be offering holiday themed art with meet and greets throughout the event.
- Holiday Decorations
- Face Paining
- DJ Playing Christmas Tunes
There are some great opportunities to purchase Disney Unique Merchandise!
What’s New for Christmas 2017!
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! – Hollywood Studios
Returning for the second year.
- Christmas Tree Trail – Disney Springs
Returning for a second year only bigger and better!
Featuring over 25 trees with snow and backdrops.
- Meet Santa – Disney Springs
New location at the end of the Christmas Tree Trail.
- We are expecting some more announcements over the coming months! Come on Disney we can’t wait for you to divulge your secrets!