Christmas Day Dinner in Orlando – Tips For Brits!
NOTE: The Planet Hollywood Restaurant will not be open over Christmas 2016 and we have no word yet on whether it will return when the restaurant is remodeled early 2017.
If this is your idea of a perfect British Christmas Dinner (lunch), you might have to rethink!
The thought of a juicy Turkey dinner, with gravy and freshly prepared vegetables is often the highlight of the festive season.
From mid day through the afternoon, just about every British family sits down with family and friends, or pays a visit to the local pub for what is almost certain to be ‘the biggest feast of the year’.
With Christmas visits to Orlando now growing in popularity as recent British laws restrict family vacation time to school breaks, more Brits than ever are boarding planes to have fun in the sun, while their family stays at home to face a cold damp wet day in the UK.
What fun most guests end up having, as they discover that Orlando is essentially ‘A Turkey Dinner Fee Zone’ over Christmas!
Unless you’ve made intense efforts to track down a restaurant serving a Turkey dinner, you may well end up in McDonalds for your festive lunch!
The only true ‘Christmas Dinner’ we’ve found in Orlando on Christmas Day
Planet Hollywood at Downtown Disney, serves at 1pm and 3pm and includes:
- Soup (Starter)
- Carved roast Turkey with gravy and cranberry sauce
- Yorkshire Puddings
- Roast Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Peas, Carrots and Brussel Sprouts
- Apple cobbler and Mince Pies with cream for dessert
- A glass of Champagne
- Soft Drinks, coffee and iced tea
- Christmas Crackers
- £59 Adults, £47 Kids (3-9)
- Private function room at Planet Hollywood
- Visit from Santa with gifts for the children
- Tickets to see a latest blockbuster movie at the AMC 24
- Roundtrip coach transfers to Planet Hollywood from central points around Orlando.
- Book in advance (No longer available!)
If, like us, you are determined to enjoy a delicious Christmas lunch in style, there’s no better way to celebrate the biggest family day in the calendar with a home cooked dinner from your luxury villa’s fully equipped kitchen!
Some things to know about Christmas Dinner in Orlando!
- The USA is very diverse in culture, with Caribbean, South American, Asian and European influences. As a result, Christmas Dinners can vary in style and also time of day!
Many Europeans enjoy their Dinner on Christmas Eve, while others enjoy theirs later in the evening on Christmas Day. It is very rare to see Christmas Dinner served at lunchtime as most Brits are accustomed to.
- The Turkey dinner that we Brits are used to, is mostly enjoyed in the USA a month earlier at Thanksgiving. So don’t be surprised to see very different meat options on the table over Christmas.