Best time to go to Orlando – Local School Breaks
If you want the lowest possible theme park line waits when visiting Orlando, it pays to check out the school timetables!
Always remember that there’s no such thing as a ‘bad time’ to visit Orlando!
If you do want to keep to the quieter times, we’ve summarised a typical Orlando area School Break Calendar for you to use as a planning aid.
The Christmas Break is one of the most busy times of the year, but, it’s worth the effort, the magic is so unique!
(Just a quick note about Christmas: If you want to gain an understanding as to how busy this time of the year can get in Orlando, in 2013 an estimated 2,000 additional seasonal staff were recruited just for the Christmas Holiday period across all of the theme parks!)
|Mon 18th Aug||1st Day of School||Parks quieten dramatically|
|Mon 1st Sept||Labor Day||Busy weekend|
|Thu Oct 23rd||2 Day Break||Busy Thu/Fri and weekend|
|24th-28th Nov||Thanksgiving||Busy week|
|22nd Dec||Christmas Break||3 Very busy Weeks|
|Mon Jan 5th||Return to School||Parks quieten dramatically|
|Fri Jan 16th||Student Holiday||Medium Weekend|
|Tue Jan 20th||Martin Luther Day||Medium Weekend|
|Mon Feb 16th||Presidents Day||Busy weekend|
|Fri 20th Mar||Spring Break||Very busy until Mon 31st Mar|
|Mon May 25th||Memorial Day||Busy Weekend|
|Thu Jun 4th||School Closed||Very Busy until 3rd Mon in Aug|
When is the best time to go to Orlando?
- Always research the parks as best you can before you travel.
- Head to the back of the parks is a common suggestion to avoid delays!
- Head into the parks as early as possible on a morning
- Use Fastpasses our ExpressPass tickets to skip the line waits
- Lots of people will leave the park after a rain shower, stay in until it passes!
- Don’t try to avoid peak times by ruining your own kids education! Always stick within your School’s guidelines and regulations!
- Ask a reputable travel agent for advice on great deals or do plenty of research yourself.
- Never just book without some great advice or research!
- Join a Forum and ask other Orlando Experts!!!