Animal Kingdom’s Starbucks News
Today several sites covered the news that the Creature Comforts store at Animal Kingdom was to take a refurbishment break in 2015 from January 5th.
We learned from wdwmagic.com that the reason for the gift store’s closure lies a little deeper than Disney may be letting on.
For a while now, Disney have been working to develop a heavy Starbucks presence at WDW and many of us have been pondering the fate of Animal Kingdom’s potential offering.
Here’s how it all began!
- Magic Kingdom – Main St Bakery – Opened Summer 2013
- Epcot – Fountain View Cafe Sept 2013
- Downtown Disney – Opened in the Marketplace area in May 2014
- Downtown Disney – Opened in the West Side May 2014
- Hollywood Studios – The Trolley Car Café Opens Feb 2015
(Formerly the LA Prop Cinema Storage Store)
- Animal Kingdom – Rumour – Creature Comforts Store – Starbucks June 2015
Love it or hate it, the Starbucks brand is sticking to WDW.
We do welcome the high street brand into Walt Disney World, in the knowledge that its a quality product at ‘reasonable’ for theme parks prices.
Not everyone is in agreement though, with many displeased that Disney are focussing too much on profit and franchize agreements instead of individuality that makes a trip to Walt Disney World so special.